Monday, September 26, 2011

Apple Crumble

Print

Ingredients:

Topping -

2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup rolled oats
3 TBS sugar
6 TBS butter, softened

Filling -

3-4 large apples
2 TBS firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon


Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 425 F.  Grease (or spray with Pam) a 2-quart baking dish.

2.  Combine the flour, rolled oats, sugar, and butter in a large bowl with fingers or a fork until coarse crumbs form.

3.  For the filling, peel, core, and slice the apples.  Layer the apple slices in the prepared baking dish.  Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the apple slices.  Sprinkle the topping mixture over the top. 

4.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until the apples are soft, and the crumble is lightly golden. 

5.  Serve warm.

6.  Enjoy!

Notes: I lightly sprinkled cinnamon over the topping. Some good apples to use are Granny Smith, Empire, and Jonathan, but any will do... I used Gala.  For the rolled oats, I use Quaker Oats - quick 1 minute!



This post may be linked to: Tasty Tuesday Link Party This Week's Cravings Hunk of Meat Monday Delectable Tuesday Totally Tasty Tuesday Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays Tasty Tuesdays Tuesdays at the Table Hearth and Soul Hop Tasty Tuesday Tuesday Night Supper Club Slightly Indulgent Tuesday Dr. Laura's Tasty Tuesday What's Cooking Wednesday What's for Dinner? Foodie Wednesday Real Food Wednesday What's On the Menu Wednesday What's Cooking Wednesday Full Plate Thursday Fun with Food Friday Tuesday Tantalizing Taste Sweets for a Saturday What's Cooking Wednesday What's on Your Plate? Recipes I Can't Wait to Try No Whine Wednesday Savory Sundays This Chick Cooks Simply Delish Saturdays Recipe Sharing Mondays Fat Camp Friday Whisking Wednesdays What's Cooking Wednesday Cooking Thursday It's a Keeper Ultimate Recipe Swap   Twisted Thursday  Mangia Monday   Makin' You Crave Monday   Melt in Your Mouth Monday

Blessings,

     Ellen

23 comments:

  1. This looks YUMMY! I pinned it to my Pinterest recipes, hope you don't mind! Nice to meet you Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop. If you don't mind, use a new host site to link the Hearth and soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gala apples - thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so sweet. I love any recipe with apples in it. Thanks for sharing. New follower from Whats Cooking Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really delicious. It must be apple time everywhere. We have a month of apple recipes to share. Come over and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good. I love apple crumbles and this recipe looks really easy! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love apple crumble, but I never get it quite right. Can't wait to try your recipe, thanks.
    x Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ellen,
    Your Apple Crumble looks so delicious and a great way to welcome fall. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week end!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ellen. New follower, so happy to have found your blog. Your apple crumble looks incredible. Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Who can resist a delicious homemade apple dessert?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious! Thanks for linking up to Friday Potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your apple crumble looks wonderful! Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe with the Hearth and soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This recipe is very similar to my mom's recipe -- and one that we love oh so much! This looks like a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this recipe - such delicious comfort food! Thank you for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum. It may be spring here, but evenings are still cool enough fora dessert such as this, and it just so happens that I have a few end of season apples to be used up.
    Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for linking up last week to my Whisking Wednesday party. Would love for you to come back this week and link up a few more recipes.

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/10/whisking-wednesdays-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks very yummy! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites. I'm featuring you this week. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love apple crumble. It is also one of the few pies that my BF will actually eat :)

    Here is my contribution for Cookbook Sundays:
    http://shelikesbento.blogspot.com/2011/10/weekend-cooking-quick-fix-vegan-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ellen, Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe with Cookbook Sunday @ Moms Sunday Cafe. Hope to see you again in November!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is much like the one that I make! It looks so yummy. I love simple recipes like this. Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this apple crumble looks amazing! And I love your whole blog! Please check out my blog: http://sweeetcooker.blogspot.com/
    I was also wondering if you wouldn’t mind mentioning me on your blog? If you want I could mention you on my blog as well. It would me a lot to me because I don’t have many followers or supporters.
    Thank you, Maddie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...