Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Bible in 90 Days

Print

I am amazed that I am at the end of the challenge; it seems like I just began!  This week I read through Mark, Luke, John, and ended after Acts 17.  It is so eye-opening to actually read the four gospels and see how much in sync they are.

Here are a couple of verses which have stayed with me...

Luke 12:25-26

25 "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"

John 14:27-28

27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

John 16:33

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

It's not surprising that the verses which stood out involve God's peace.  This past week brought emotional turmoil into my home and my heart.  I know that we will have trials and tribulations, but why am I so surprised and shocked when it visits my house.

As we walk through this difficult time, I covet your prayers for me and my family.  Pray for peace, understanding, grace, mercy, and forgiveness.

Blessings,

     Ellen

9 comments:

  1. Luke 12:25-26
    25 "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"

    This one hits so hard as I am one Chronic Worrier Ellen! .. Thank you for reminding me of this. I have added you to my prayer list. Whatever trials you are battling right now with you and your family... I lift you up in the glory of our god .... that he may give you the peace you need to overcome it as soon as possible!

    Visiting from the Hop! :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on that....we know there will be trials....we just wish they would stop coming, sometimes...right? I'm sorry you had a rough week, but thankful you placed your hope in God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I will pray for you and yours. I was given news that rocked me this morning. Those verses speak the peace to my heart that I desperately need. Thank you for posting them today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love verses on peace. Just reading about peace lifts the heart. The Book of John is so powerful. Visiting from Mustard Seed Planting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful verses to share with others as we search to strengthen our own Christian beliefs. I particularly liked the words of Luke (not a surprise). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so thankful you have been reading with us. Hang in there through the turmoil and reach out for God. He will hold you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am thrilled that we're nearing the end of the Bible challenge. This was my first time reading the Bible - it has been a true blessing, and eye-opener! I loved all three verses that you posted, especially John 16:33. This one is especially comforting during difficult times so I pray that you keep the words close to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for following my blog! I'm a follower here also and spent some time getting to know your blog. I love your garden! And the recipes! My son is doing this Bible reading with his youth group. I don't think they're following this format, but they're all trying to read through the Bible in 6 months. He's a little behind right now! But I think he'll finish! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...