Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall Garden 2011

Print

About 2 weeks ago, I tore out what was left of the summer garden and prepared the bed for fall planting.  I left the bell pepper plants since they were still producing.. a lot!

This fall I planted 3 types of lettuce - arrugula, red lettuce, and romaine.  I see delicious salads in our future!

Romaine, Red leaf lettuce, Brussel Sprouts

Broccoli, Arrugula, Spinach (not yet sprouted), and Strawberry plants


Red and green bell pepper plants


Oregano and a spider plant on the back porch

Salad from the garden... including green pepper, 2 types of lettuce, and tomato.  Mushrooms and carrots from the farmer's market.

How is your gardening going?  I know many parts of our country had a wicked-hot summer... me included.  I am loving the cooler temperatures. 

Autumn... bring. it. on!


Blessings,

     Ellen

7 comments:

  1. Hi, new follower here from Stalker Remix Blog Hop
    http://babyfeetandpuppybreath.blogspot.com/
    Hope you will stop by and follow back.

    Love to garden, Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Following you from a blog hop!:0)
    Hope you visit me and return the follow!

    Btw if you like please join the Treasure
    Trove Tribune! I think you will enjoy
    it!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still have peppers and tomatoes producing. We've just planted carrots and lettuce. Love to see your garden pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ready for a cool down here in FL that's for sure. Your raised garden bed looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your string grid is so very clever - allows you to space properly and neatly too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks fantastic! And, I am drooling over your posts above this one for the apple crumble, and the chili seasoning. YUM! Here from HHH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden looks fantastic! After a couple of hot months, I can finally begin my garden again.

    Thank you for participating in last week’s Wednesday Window @ Frugality Is Free. I hope you’ll stop by to link up your favorite blog post this week as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...