Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

Print

I have never been a fan of Alfredo sauce until I happened upon this recipe.  Not sure why, but this one is creamy and tasteful.  Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings (1 1/2 cup each)

Ingredients:

1/2 lb. fettuccine, uncooked
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 1/4 cup fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
5 tsp all-purpose flour
4 oz. Neufchatel Cheese (1/3 less fat)
3 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper

To make:

1)  Cook pasta as directed on package.

2)  Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat.  Add chicken; cook 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. 

3)  Remove chicken from skillet.  Mix broth and flour in same skillet.  Stir in Neufchatel cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens.  Reduce heat.

4)  Stir in chicken.

5)  Drain pasta; place in large bowl.  Pour chicken mixture over pasta; toss to coat. 

6)  Optional: Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley before serving.

7)  Enjoy!

Note: 

1)  I love making this with grilled chicken breasts, but that is not an option during the winter.  So, I slice the chicken breasts length-wise and cook it at 300 F in a sprayed electric fry pan.  This adds flavor since they are browning at the same time.  After the chicken is cooked, then I cut it into bite-sized pieces and add to the sauce.  Also, the chicken remains moist this way!

2)  My idea of a serving bowl is the pot I cooked the pasta in!  I rinse out and dry the pasta pot, and then combine the Alfredo sauce with chicken and the pasta together.  (Remember... I'm cooking for 3 teenagers and a husband!)

3)  As a change of pace, I have been known to add steamed broccoli with the cooked chicken into the Alfredo sauce.  Gotta get vegetables somehow!

4)  For my family, I double the recipe.  Maybe, just maybe, there will be leftovers!

* This recipe has been adapted from Kraft food and family, Fall 2008.


Blessings,

     Ellen

This recipe may be linked to:
Cookbook Sundays, Savory Sundays, Recipe of the Week, Hunk of Meat Monday, Makin' You Crave Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Mangia Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Monday Mania, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday Night Supper Club (2nd Tues of the month), Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Hop, Tasty Tuesday Link Party, Made from Scratch Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, This Week's Cravings, Delicious Dishes, Foodie Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, What's On the Menu Wednesday, Made it on Monday, What's Cooking Wednesday, Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!, What's on Your Plate?, These Chicks Cook, Whisking Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, Ultimate Recipe Swap, It's a Keeper, Slow Cooking Thursday, Twisted Thursday, Taste-tastic Thursday, Fun with Food Friday, Friday Favorites, Foodie Friday, Friday Potluck, I'm Lovin' It, Fusion Fridays, Foodie Friday, Sweets for a Saturday, Simply Delish SaturdaysLink and Greet Party

24 comments:

  1. Came by on the Weekend Warrior Blog Hop :-)
    Following GFC, Google+ and GoodReads
    http://ramblingandadventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I am a big fan of fettuccine Alfredo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a big fan of Fettuccine Alfredo either, but I'm going to try this recipe out. I'll let you know my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the classic butter, cream and parmesan alfredo sauce but of course it is very rich. Yours is a reasonable substitute so I will try this next time.
    Thanks Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How strange that I would prefer the non-butter and cream recipe! Let me know what you think. ~ Ellen

      Delete
  5. Just came across your blog from "Say Hi Sunday" This pasta dish looks DELICIOUS! Can't wait to see what else you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is creamy wonderful deliciousness! I cannot wait to make this one. Come visit us. We have a terrific chili recipe today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good! And I am starving right now! Ha! Thanks for the share! Bugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Husband LOVES Fettuccine Alfredo. I have never tried it with chicken though. I will have to try it out some time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicious, quick and easy recipe! Thank you for sharing your Chicken Fettucini Alfredo with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh this is making my mouth water! It looks amazing!

    I am now a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Alfredo Noodles! Looks so yummy! New follower, visit anytime:-)
    ♥Winona

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from Katherine's Corner. I homeschool 3 teens too- and a little one. I love fettuccine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks devine. Came over from Katherine's. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks tasty! Im such a sucker for pasta! Yum. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of my husbands favorites. Yum!Hugs! Thank you for your bloggy friendship and participation at Katherines Corner xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for linking up at A Little Nosh! You're featured this weekend.

    http://www.alittlenosh.net/2012/01/weekend-spotlight-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never liked alfredo until I tried it homemade - it's fantastic that way :)

    Thank you for linking up to Twisted Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks so good. Thanks for sharing with Simply Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ellen,
    This looks like a very comforting meal to me. I would just love to have it in front of me right now. Hope you are having a wonderful week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh so yummy my teens would love this come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

      Delete
  20. That looks really good and not so fattening as using cream! I have some fresh Parmigiano Reggiano too. I must try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for Linking up @CountryMommaCooks….Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for linking up to Show Your Stuff! You are welcome to come back:

    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/02/show-your-stuff-9.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...