Saturday, January 21, 2012

1 Peter 1.13-2.3 Bible Study

Print

This week's Bible study led us through 1 Peter 1.13-2.3.

Core One reminds us to 'Get Ready.'  Get Ready for what?  For the trials which will come into our lives as believers.  1 Peter 1.13 states, "Therefore, prepare you minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when  Jesus Christ is revealed."

Am I living mentally alert?  Do I have a disciplined lifestyle toward God?  Am I living with my eyes soley focused on Christ and His work for me on the cross?

What can I do to live more fully in the hope that Jesus has supplied for me?  Only by taking control of my thoughts can I live more fully in Christ.  As we learn in 2 Corinthians 10.5b, "...we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ..."  This means I live with a Biblical worldview in which all my decisions need to be filtered through God's Word.  Is ______ within His will for me?  Does _______  line-up with the love and teachings of the Bible?

This is a daily struggle for me.  I want control of my life; but, I need to LET GO and LET GOD.  Let go of my will and give God supreme control over my life.

As usual, I am not only finding weaknesses I need to work on, but also I am reminding of God's love and grace toward me.  I wonder what next week will uncover for me.

Kregel Publications has provided a complimentary copy of this study for my honest review over the next 7 weeks.

Blessings,

     Ellen 

8 comments:

  1. I'm eager to follow this study. Control is something I've been praying about and working on. Baby steps!

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful Bible study. I'm studying James right now and it is a similar subject...trials. Trusting God in the midst of trials isn't easy but it's necessary for our faith to grow stronger. Ouch...I can feel the growing pains!
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a struggle we all have. It isn't easy to let go and let God, but it is the only way to true happiness and the only way to be pleasing to God. Thank you for sharing these thoughts.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU! I spent all day fighting major anxiety because I didn't take my thoughts captive and set my hope fully on His grace. I'm so glad you linked up. I want tomorrow to be a better day. I'm keeping this in my mind and heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and my real Mustard Seed Planting post is up at my blog now. You beat me to it this week! :)

      http://jenniferajanes.com/2012/01/24/running-into-battle/

      Delete
  5. I need to remember that...living mentally alert....it's easy to turn it all off, isn't it? I always enjoy your posts...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good study.I want to learn too, how to think thoughts pleasing to him. And to let go of those thoughts that drag me down.
    God is so faithful to keep working with us.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...