Sunday, December 11, 2011

Forgiven much... Love much. Luke 7

Print

Today's reading is Luke 7: a Roman Centurion reveals his faith in Jesus, Jesus raises a widow's son from the dead, and a sinful woman anoints Jesus' feet.

Using the SOAP devotional method, this is what I heard today..

Scripture:
Luke 7.47-48   "Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven - for she loved much.  But he who has been forgiven little loves little.  Then Jesus said to her, 'Your sins are forgiven.'"

Luke 7.50   "Jesus said to the woman, 'Your faith has saved you; go in peace.'"

Observation:
The woman knew in her heart how much God had forgiven her.  She was overflowing with love and thankfulness because she was forgiven much. 

Application:
I know the depth of my sin and how God's forgiveness healed me.  Am I "overflowing" with love in response to God's forgiveness toward Him and others?

Prayer:
Father... You alone know my deepest sins.  You alone forgave me and my sin when I accepted Christ, Your Son, as my Savior.  You continue to forgive my sins as I confess to You.  Show me daily how to walk in overflowing love toward You and others for Your gracious gift of grace and mercy.  Amen

Blessings,

     Ellen

0 thoughts shared:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...