Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Bible in 90 Days

Print

Reading God's Word daily has been amazing!  I am more able to string together the events in the Old Testament.  This week I have read from Isaiah 14 through to Jeremiah 32, so many "nuggets" of familiar passages and God's teachings.  Here are a few highlights....


Isaiah 43.1-3a, 5a, 25

1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
3 For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.

 25 “I, even I, am he who blots out
your transgressions, for my own sake,
and remembers your sins no more.

I love this part of Scripture!  See how God keeps reminding us He is with us.  Life can't get any better than that!  We will go through trials, but we will never be alone.  Also, how many people do you know that will remember your sins NO more?  None, right?  Well God does.  Thank you Lord!

Isaiah 61.1-3, 10-11

 1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

 10 I delight greatly in the LORD;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
11 For as the soil makes the sprout come up
and a garden causes seeds to grow,
so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness
and praise spring up before all nations.

I first memorized Isaiah 61.1-3 while working through a Beth Moore Bible study.  It brought me peace then, and still does.  I've been the poor whom He has sent His people to help and lift-up; I was once the "broken-hearted," and God was there to bind my wounds;  God has comforted me in mourning and has shown me the way to healing, so I can dance every morning; He has released me from the darkness of my own sinful past and has clothed me with His salvation!  GOD gives me HOPE every day. 


If you are also reading the Bible in 90 Days, how are you doing? Are you struggling with finding the time to read or what God is showing you? There are times I'm not liking what He is showing me about myself. I'm praying for us all!


Blessings,

     Ellen

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I'm a new follower from Not so Moody Monday blog hop. I'd love it if you'd stop by and follow me back. http://agigglesaysitall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...