Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Today in US History

Print
December 21...


1620  The Pilgrims begin coming ashore at Plymouth, Massachusetts.

1861  Congress establishes the Medal of Honor, the highest U.S. military decoration.

1937  Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, one of the first feature-length animated movies, premieres in Los Angeles.

1968  Apollo 8, the first manned mission to orbit the moon, is launched.

1988  Libyan terrorists explode a bomb aboard Pan Am Flight 103, en route to New York City, when it is over Lockerbie, Scotland, killing 270 people.


Ellen

0 thoughts shared:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...