Friday, September 17, 2010

Weekly Wrap-up ~ Our Chaotic Week

Print
This week was most definitely a week of endurance - from helping with one of two Open Houses for my husband's real estate business on Sunday, to being out yesterday from 7:15 am - 3:30 pm.  We did enjoy one celebratory lunch on Thursday; wait, I'm getting ahead of myself.

This week the 6-week ACT Prep course began for Matthew and Melissa.  It meets on Mondays (1:25 - 3:25 pm) and Tuesday/Thursday afternoons (1:40 - 2:55 pm).  Add in their 8 AM Chemistry class on Thursday morning and you get a glimpse of our week.

We had the privilege of watching Melissa play in three soccer games, none of which were at the home field.  The team lost the first two, but WON last night against Tellico Plains.  Hooray!  She is normally a defender, but was substituted in as an offender and had the chance to score two goals.  (Oh, so close!)

Add in a morning worship and a church fellowship dinner on Sunday, Boy Scouts and theater practice on Tuesday evening, and youth group on Wednesday.  Can I tell you we are exhausted?

The highlight of our week happened on Tuesday morning.  Matthew, after many years of cultivating a close friendship with the orthodontist, had his braces removed.  I'm not sure who was more excited, him or me!  His smile is amazing.  Check out the pictures below...  (I couldn't find a good 'before' pic!)




We celebrated with a celebratory lunch at Steak-n-Shake on Thursday.  Two done and one more to go!



Today, I am sitting in Panera Bread in Dalton awaiting van repairs.  Why is it that when vehicles, homes, etc. get older, the cost to repair them increases?  The part alone to fix the anti-lock braking system/traction costs over $500.  Do you think they will throw in the labor for free?

Hopefully our family will get a time of relaxation over the weekend before next week begins!

This post is linked with Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading about your week! It's especially interesting to me to read about kids in upper grades. Bad news about the van having to be repaired, but at least there's a Panera! And congrats to Matthew on his straight teeth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a busy week,but it sounds like everything is going well. (except mabye the van) Hope you have an easy weekend.
    Janet W
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/wdworkman/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...