Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Homekeeper's Journal ~ September 8, 2010

Print
This week’s Homekeeper’s Journal is all about Nesting …….

Let’s define our terms ….

Nest - a snug retreat or refuge; resting place; home.

Nesting - to build or have a nest

In my neck of the woods its getting cooler and Autumn isn’t far away. Its time to start nesting and get my home cozy and comfortable for the cooler days ahead. I want to create a retreat from the world, a resting place, home.

Get your thinking caps on and lets talk about how we can arrange, order, decorate and change our homes so that they are a warm wonderful retreat for our families this Autumn and Winter.

My kitchen would be more inviting if …………. it were 3 times bigger!  I have a shotgun kitchen and a small one at that.  The only bonus is that the dining room is right next to the kitchen and you can visit "long distance" with friends, family, etc.

My best tip for making a home seem more welcoming ….. is by trying to keep the chaos down to a minimum.  Since you enter through the living room, I try to keep it and dining room picked up daily.

To give the feeling of warmth in my home I often ….. lay lap blankets on the sofas.  I love to put out the blankets made for us by our friends.  Then, I can share the history behind them.

In the cooler months, it is essential for me to ….. stay warm!  Seriously, the cooler months lend themselves to curling up with a good book.

Some favorite Autumn/Winter recipes are ….. stews (especially veal!), chili, and homemade spaghetti sauce.

A Quick Tip for making your house more inviting …… be more focused on your guests and not your home.  I missed out on having friends over because I was too concerned with the house and its state of disarray.  Now, I apologize for the chaos, and enjoy having their friendship and fellowship!
(from CHK)

This post is linked to Christian Home Keepers.



2 comments:

  1. wow, my house seems very uninviting now... well, I Kinda new it never was, but I feel extra un-housewarmed, LOL.

    I might have friends over Friday though- to play games.


    your home sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love candles, throw blankets, comfy pillows and our favorite family snapshots! Your home sounds very inviting!

    I just wanted to stop by from the HSV and introduce myself since we're both in the Southern region. I have a feeling that we don't live too terribly far apart from one another. We just settled in Central Alabama after traveling for years with my husbands job. We have three teenagers that we have homeschooled for the past 12 years.

    Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...