Sunday, June 13, 2010

Homekeeper's Journal ~ 15

Print
What’s happening in my home..….

In my kitchen… homemade honey wheat bread, steaks on the grill with a salad and vegie.  Just finished making homemade fresh strawberry jam.  Yummy!  We have a full refrigerator/freezer.  Praise the Lord!

With our marriage… going strong … we are in need of some quality time though, without kids, just to be "two" again!

With the children… daughter heading to church camp with a friend tomorrow, the rest of the family will enjoy a Third Day concert at Riverbend in Chattanooga on Tuesday, and I'm planning on working on high school transcripts/portfolios this week.  * Note - so far, new cleaning schedule is working!

Around the homestead… watching the garden wilt in the 96+ F heat wave.  Guess I need to water twice a day.  The broccoli isn't giving me flowers now, so I'll replant in the fall and pray for a bumper crop.  We have a chance of picking up a second frig/freezer which will give me more freezer room.  This is a stepping stone to finding a stand-up freezer.

In my “Inner Man”…. learning how to worship the awesome God I serve in spirit and in truth!  Corporate worship is wonderful, heart lifting, spirit refreshing.... Private worship is lacking big time.


What is your Inner Man? In 2 Corinthians 4, Paul gives us a clue about what he means when he says “the inner man." In that scripture he says, "Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day." (4:16 NASB). So for Christians even though there is something about us that is getting old, decaying and deteriorating and dying..there is also something about us that is growing, becoming more alive, richer and stronger every day we live and follow Christ. That is what Paul calls our “inner man.”

0 thoughts shared:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...