Monday, May 13, 2013

Uncle Tom's Cabin... a book review

Print
Uncle Tom's Cabin  -     
        By: Harriet Beecher Stowe
 
by Harriet Beecher Stowe
(June 1811 - July 1896)
Originally published in 1852


My son and I just finished reading Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe as part of our US History and Literature program for the year.  We utilize the Progeny Press study guide which includes vocabulary, literary terms, comprehension questions, and deeper thought-based questions.

Uncle Tom's Cabin Study Guide Progeny Press Study Guide   -     
        By: Kimberlee Foley, Michael S. Gilleland
 
More information on Progeny Press
can be found HERE.

A must read for everyone!  Just like other "banned" books, Harriet Beecher Stowe desires the readers to search themselves and decide for themselves their own beliefs and why.  Good books make the reader think deeply about personal and societal issues.  This is one such book.

Remember to read the classics alongside the contemporary novels and books.  You may just find a gem that speaks directly to your heart!

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars
A +

Blessings,

     Ellen

 

0 thoughts shared:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...