I don't know about you, but I love a great fajita! In an attempt to to find new ways to use the produce from my garden, I came up with the following recipe. It is not only good for fajitas, but the vegetables are great on their own!
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (dressing / marinade for a lighter taste)
Fajita Seasoning Mix
2 medium carrots
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 medium onion
1-2 small / medium zucchini
1) Julienne or dice the vegetables you wish to use.
2) Lightly coat bottom of frying pan with olive oil and heat on Med-High. Add vegetables.
3) Cover and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
4) Add 1 packet of Fajita Seasoning Mix and mix well.
5) Continue cooking until vegetables are crispy al dente.
6) Serve with warm tortillas or eat right out of the pan!
1) This is one of those recipes that is almost better the second time around!
2) Use whatever vegetables you have on hand. I have added diced tomatoes after the vegetables are done.
3) Adjust the seasonings to your taste. Add more cayenne pepper or even red pepper flakes to increase the heat!
4) For this batch, I used 2 packets of Fajita Seasoning Mix. I had a large mixing bowl of veggies to stir-fry!
This recipe may be linked to the following great food hops.
Cook Family Recipes by Chef Ellen