We love lasagna any time of year.
With this recipe, you can enjoy an easier and tasty version without all the work!
1 1/2 lbs ground beef, lean
1 TBS garlic, minced
1 jar or 26 oz. prepared pasta sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1 pkg refrigerated or frozen cheese ravioli
1 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat oven to 400 F.
2) Brown ground beef with garlic in large, non-stick skillet over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef in no longer pink. Pour off fat drippings.
3) Stir in sauce and 1 1/2 cups water, bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Layer ravioli, beef mixture and cheese, 1/2 at a time, in 13 x 9 baking dish.
5) Bake, covered, in 400 F oven 15 minutes (20 minutes if frozen). Uncover. Bake 15-20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and pasta is tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Makes 6-8 servings.
* Note: I double this recipe for our family of 5 (ages 16+) and bake it in a lasagna dish. I mix the ravioli and most of the cheese with the meat mixture; then pour it into the lasagna pan to bake. During the last 5 minutes of baking, I top it with the leftover cheese. For a spicier palate, substitute hot Italian sausage for half of the ground beef.
Cook's Family Recipes. Chef Ellen
This recipe may be linked to these wonderful blogs!