Saturday, February 25, 2012

1 Peter 3.13-4.6 Bible Study

Print

1 Peter 3.13-4.16 teaches us the importance of "Standing Strong When Wronged."

We are all living in tough times --- the current economy, advertisers targeting our children with immoral ideas and pictures, the increase of 'living together' in lieu of or in place of traditional marriage, etc.  For Christians in our times, we are called to live a life pleasing to God; one that brings Him glory and wins others to Christ.  This means living a life witnessing to God's glory!

Sue Edwards asked the following questions:

Do you tend to compartmentalize your life into segments (life at church, at work, at home, with friends, etc)?   YES.

If so, why do you think you do this?  I can try to fulfill the expectations of that given group.  This makes it easier to fit in... be like everyone else. 

Why is it sometimes difficult to integrate your spiritual life into all aspects of life?  I don't feel I am a good witness for Christ.  I know this is faulty thinking, but I don't want to turn people away from God, so I remain quiet.  Also, I fear how others will respond to me, especially if I feel it may bring any type of confrontation.

How do you witness to God in all areas of your life?  Am I the only one who feels this way?

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander."

1 Peter 3.15-16

If you are following along in 1 Peter, what has God been showing you?

Thank you to Kregel Publications for this complimentary copy of 1 Peter to complete my reviews.


Blessings,

     Ellen

3 comments:

  1. I am tagging you in a post. Id love for you to join in on the fun. It will post up by tomorrow mornging.
    Thank you always for these up lifting and encouraging post.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post and very thought provoking. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that line- Standing strong when wronged. Thanks for reminding me of these truths.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...