Friday, December 9, 2011

Worship and Serve only God. Luke 4

Print

Today's reading was Luke 4.  Jesus has endured the 40 days in the wilderness and has begun His teaching ministry.  Although the demons know who He is, He does not allow them to speak this truth aloud.

Scripture:
Luke 4.8   "Jesus answered him (the devil), 'It is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.'"

Observation:
Even after 40 days in the wilderness with the devil tempting Him, Jesus never faltered in his worship of God, the Father.  Throughout the temptations, the devil kept twisting the Word of God.  Jesus used God's own words against him and prevailed.

Application:
For me to fight and win against the devil - satan, I need to know Scripture.  Not merely knowing that is is 'in the Bible... somewhere," but have key scripture memorized to stay strong against the devil and this world.

Prayer:
Father --- I know I am not consistent with my Bible reading, time with You, or memorizing scripture.  I want to have a quick reply when I am tempted.  Please help me put You and Your Word first in my life.  Amen

Blessings,

     Ellen

0 thoughts shared:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...