Saturday, December 10, 2011

Prayer IS a priority. Luke 5

Print

Luke 5
Jesus begins selecting His disciples and continues to heal the people.

Scripture:
Luke 5.16   "But Jesus Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray."

Observation:
Jesus knew He needed time alone with God, His Father, to continue His earthly ministry.  He neither needed a prayer closet/room or a set time of day.  To me, the words 'slip away' mean He escaped the busy-ness of His life to spend time with God.

Application:
I need to 'escape' my busy life and put God first.  I know in my heart that the more I am with God, the more I am rested and refreshed for what my day / life brings.

Prayer:
Father... Thank you for this reminder that even Your Son, Jesus, slipped away from His hectic schedule to spend time with You.  Nudge me throughout the day to come into Your presence and rest.  Amen


Blessings,

     Ellen

0 thoughts shared:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...