Two of my children request this for their Birthday Dinner!
Why don't you give it a try...
8 oz. thin spaghetti
2 TBS minced onion
4 TBS butter
6 TBS all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1 cup half-n-half
1 cup chicken broth
3 cups diced cooked ham
1 package (10 oz.) frozen peas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1) Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water as directed on package. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
2) Saute onion lightly in butter in large saucepan. Sitr in flour; remove pan from heat.
3) Stir in milk, half-n-half, and chicken broth.
4) Put backover heat. Cook, stirring until thickened.
5) Add ham, peas, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and spaghetti; mix well.
6) Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, then pour mixture into it. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until golden.
Notes: For a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 teenagers), I double the recipe and bake in a glass lasagna pan. Good served with a tossed green salad and crunchy French bread.
This recipe may be linked to:
Cookbook Sundays(first Sunday of the month), Savory Sundays, Hunk of Meat Monday, Makin' You Crave Monday, Recipe Sharing Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Mangia Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Monday Mania, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday Night Supper Club (2nd Tues of the month), Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Hop, Tasty Tuesday Link Party, Made from Scratch Tuesday, This Week's Cravings, Delicious Dishes, Foodie Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, What's On the Menu Wednesday, Made it on Monday, What's Cooking Wednesday, Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!, What's on Your Plate?, These Chicks Cook, Whisking Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, Ultimate Recipe Swap, It's a Keeper, Slow Cooking Thursday, Twisted Thursday, Taste-tastic Thursday, Fun with Food Friday, Fat Camp Friday, Friday Favorites, Foodie Friday, Friday Potluck, I'm Lovin' It, Sweets for a Saturday, Simply Delish Saturdays