Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 box (16 oz) bow tie pasta
1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
2 cans (15 oz each) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried basil, crushed
shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish
1) Cook pasta according to package directions.
2) Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onion and pepper flakes over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, cream salt and basil. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until thickened stirring occasionally.
4) Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture. Garnish with cheese.
5) Add a tossed green salad and bread.
This recipe may be linked to:
Cookbook Sundays(first Sunday of the month), Savory Sundays, Hunk of Meat Monday, Makin' You Crave Monday, Recipe Sharing Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Mangia Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Monday Mania, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday Night Supper Club (2nd Tues of the month), Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Hop, Tasty Tuesday Link Party, This Week's Cravings, Delicious Dishes, Foodie Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, What's On the Menu Wednesday, Made it on Monday, What's Cooking Wednesday, Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!, What's on Your Plate?, These Chicks Cook, Whisking Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, Ultimate Recipe Swap, It's a Keeper, Slow Cooking Thursday, Twisted Thursday, Taste-tastic Thursday, Fun with Food Friday, Fat Camp Friday, Friday Favorites, Foodie Friday, Friday Potluck, I'm Lovin' It, Sweets for a Saturday, Simply Delish Saturdays