Monday, October 17, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Wings

Print

Since I am currently cooking for 5 (2 adults and 3 teenagers), I basically double most recipes to 8 servings.  Hopefully... sometimes... we actually have leftovers!

Ingredients:

64 oz Texas Pete Hot Sauce
1 stick butter, melted
60-75 pieces chicken wings, separated and tips thrown away
Tobasco sauce to taste

Directions:

1)  Place hot sauce, melted butter, and tobasco in a crock pot.  Set to HIGH.

2)  Using kitchen scissors or sharp knife, separate chicken wings and discard the tips.

3)  Preheat oven to BROIL and set rack about 6 inches below unit.

4)  Spray a double-broiler pan with Pam and place the wings on it.



5)  Broil the chicken wings until golden brown on each side.




6)  As the chicken wings are cooked, place in the crock pot until all are ready.

73 wings... took 3 separate broiling pans!


7) Enjoy!

Matt is just learning to appreciate spicy, hot food!

Notes:
We enjoy our Buffalo Hot Wings with Ore-Ida Zesty fries!  Serve with celery and carrots sticks with Blue Cheese and/or Ranch dressing.  For a smaller batch, broil.. toss in hot sauce... serve!

Blessings,

13 comments:

  1. I hopped over from the Monday blog hop and I follow you on GFC! I love your blog and hope you can stop by to check mine out sometime and follow back!

    @ http://magicallifeofmamas.blogspot.com/

    - Sarah Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I've been hungry for chicken wings recently. Think we'll try these on my night to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks SO delicious, I’m book-marking this to make for later! I found you via Tempt my Tummy Tuesday. I’m your newest follower and would love a “follow back”!

    Have a great week,

    Jillian @ www.foodfolksandfun.blogspot.com

    P.S. I have an awesome TOMS SHOES giveaway going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy, mouth watering.

    hi new follower from hop pls follow me back via gfc, networkedblogs, fb and twitter

    http://queensnycmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower. Please come check out my blog
    at - Coupon Housewife
    http://www.couponhousewife.com

    Thanks - have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bufflao chicken wings looks delicious. Thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for linking up at Twisted Thursday - every time you do I find myself drooling. I know my husband would LOVE these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delish.

    Thanks for sharing with us at
    Simply Delish Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ellen,
    What a great dish to have on hand for all the ball games that we have going on. Just grab a wing and be happy! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ellen, those wings look good enough to eat!!! I have recently found your blog and will continue to follow it. Please pop on over to mine and I would love it if you would follow me. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. i do like a nice and spicy chicken wing...i love your idea of baking them first,then basting in the slow cooker. makes it so much less messy and more healthy than my fried version. thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club. apologies for taking so long to get here :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man! You just saved my life this Super Bowl Sunday! We're having my husband's family over this weekend and we want to make wings but not be in the kitchen making a huge mess to make them! THANK YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...