Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Bible in 90 Days

Print

Wow... another week of delving into God's Word! 

This week I completed Daniel and read through Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, and Matthew. 

Yes, you read correctly... I am now in the New Testament!

Here are a few scriptures that stood out to me...

Amos 5:14-15a

14 Seek good, not evil,
that you may live.
Then the LORD God Almighty will be with you,
just as you say he is.
15 Hate evil, love good;
maintain justice in the courts.

Micah 6:8

8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

Matthew 7:12

12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 11:28-30

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

It seems I needed to hear how to live for God... not for self.  And when I get tired from burning the wick from both ends... again, I can go to Jesus Christ and REST.

If you are reading the Bible in 90 Days (or more), how are you doing?  We are nearing the finish line.  What has God shown you?

Blessings,

     Ellen

11 comments:

  1. Now that is an accomplishment and a great way of knowing God better. New gfc follower from hop. Please follow back http://www.simplyshopandsave.ca
    Feel free to enter my giveaways (some are christian)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sing Micah 6:8. It's my prayer to act justly, love mercy and walk humbly. I can only do that by living close to God's heart. Awesome group of verses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these reassuring scriptures. Thank you for sharing them with us today.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that is certainly an accomplishment and I bet your feel so fresh when reading

    stopping by from the hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - the Bible in 90 Days! That is quite an accomplishment! The kids and I are going through the Old Testament this school year.

    Visiting from the Hop.

    Recent Post:Turn Dinner into a World Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am seriously impressed...90 days is amazing! SO happy to find your blog! I love the Bible too, and just stared Lamentations on my second read through. Once I finish the Old Testament, I'll start my third time through but not in 90 days, lol. I try to encourage Christians around me to read every day even if it's just a little bit, so they can keep going. It has so enriched my life. Glad to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Micah 6:8 too! I was excited to get to the NT too---and finished up Hebrews last night. I think I might actually finish it up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need to plaster this on my brain: "I needed to hear how to live for God... not for self. And when I get tired from burning the wick from both ends... again, I can go to Jesus Christ and REST." Thank you for sharing this...you are so close to finishing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a little late with doing the challenge but I think I am going to start reading this book. I am so grateful I found your blog, you have helped me with cooking, destressing and now, you are helping me find peace. I am so grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Impressive!!

    I'm a new follower from the I ♥ Blogging Hop. Hope you can stop by www.mamasmusingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Russo... you are too kind. I'm glad I have been able to bless you, but you encourage me so much through your thoughtful comments. ~ Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...