5 Chicken breasts (with bones)
2 cups chicken broth
2 tsp Italian seasonings
salt and pepper to taste
enough water to cover chicken breasts
1) Spray crock pot with non-stick spray.
2) Rinse and place chicken breasts in the crock pot.
3) Add remaining ingredients.
4) Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 5 hours.
5) Remove chicken from pot and let cool.
6) Pull the meat off the bones and store it in quart-size freezer bags. To keep moist, add some chicken broth to the bags. Use within 7 days or freeze for future use.
I use this in chicken salad, enchiladas, quesadillas, and casseroles. This is great for any recipe which calls for precooked chicken. It also freezes well! (For me, 5 chicken breasts gives me 2 one-quart freezer bags. Each bag is equivalent to 2-2 1/2 cups cooked chicken.)
When boned chicken breasts go on sale for $0.89-0.99/pound, I buy extras and follow the above recipe. Then I always (usually) have cooked chicken on hand for simple lunches or dinners!
Remaining bones and skin....