1/2 cup chopped onion
6 ounces tomato paste (small can)
1 cup water
1 1/2 lb lean, ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs, soft
2 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
1. Combine onion, tomato paste and water in saucepan; simmer 20 minutes.
2. Mix together beef, egg, bread crumbs, salt, oregano, and basil.
3. Add 1/2 cup prepared sauce to the meat mixture and blend well.
4. Form into loaf; place in a 10 x 6 x 2 inch baking dish. Bake at 375 F for 50 minutes.
5. Pour remaining sauce over the meatloaf and top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until melted.
Comments: Great served with buttered noodles and a crisp green salad.
This recipe is linked to: This Week's Cravings Hunk of Meat Monday Delectable Tuesday Totally Tasty Tuesday Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays Tasty Tuesdays Tuesdays at the Table Tasty Tuesday Tuesday Night Supper Club Slightly Indulgent Tuesday Dr. Laura's Tasty Tuesday Hearth and Soul Hop, What's Cooking Wednesday What's for Dinner? Foodie Wednesday Real Food Wednesday What's On the Menu Wednesday What's Cooking Wednesday Full Plate Thursday Fun with Food Friday Tuesday Tantalizing Taste