This is one of my family's favorites. Tonight, we all "fought" for the last of the gravy! I got to lick to spoon.... yippee!
4 thick pork chops or 6 regular sliced ones
Oil or nonstick spray
2 cans cream of celery soup
1/2 cup milk
2 stalks celery, finely cut
4 slices wheat bread, toasted and cubed
2 tsp poultry seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
2 red apples, unpeeled, sliced
1. Brown pork chops in oil or in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
2. Arrange chops in an oiled (or sprayed) baking dish.
3. Combine soup and milk; mixing until smooth and creamy. Add celery, bread cubes, poultry seasonings, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Pour mixture over chops. Sprinkle with apple slices.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 350 F, for one hour or until chops are done.
Notes: No celery, no problem. No apples, no problem. This is such a forgiving recipe! I usually buy boneless pork loin when it goes on sale and cut it into chops and roasts. In the photo, I served it with fresh steamed green beans and garlic mashed potatoes.
This post is linked to: This Week's Cravings Hunk of Meat Monday Delectable Tuesday Totally Tasty Tuesday Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays Tasty Tuesdays Tuesdays at the Table Tasty Tuesday Tuesday Night Supper Club Slightly Indulgent Tuesday Dr. Laura's Tasty Tuesday What's Cooking Wednesday What's for Dinner? Foodie Wednesday Real Food Wednesday What's On the Menu Wednesday What's Cooking Wednesday Full Plate Thursday Fun with Food Friday Tuesday Tantalizing Taste