by Ray Notgrass
Copyright (c) 2011 Ray Notgrass. Used by permission.
Being a grandparent means that I have had some time to learn some things. I am learning that:
- time is a friend and not an enemy;
- hard times crush you only if you let them; and that
- in a world of constant change, what is most valuable is that which is unchanging: God's truth, faith, love, trust, honesty, and work.
Being a grandparent means that I have a responsibility to the new little one. I realize that:
- I cannot give my grandchildren wealth; I can only teach them the value of money;
- I cannot give my grandchildren time; I can only show them how to use it wisely;
- I cannot give my grandchildren happiness; I can only be an example of deep inner joy.