Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Word-filled Wednesdays

Print
6 So he answered and said to me:
      “ This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel:
      ‘ Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’
      Says the LORD of hosts."
                   
      ~ Zechariah 4.6


At the beginning of chapter 4, Zechariah receives a vision from God for rebuilding the Temple through Zerubbabel.  The vision includes 2 olive trees that continually fill the oil lamp.  God informs Zechariah in verse 6 that it is He who is filling the lamp.  He, God, will complete His work.

Flash forward to early first century.  In Matthew 28, Jesus commissions His followers to "go and make disciples."  This is His will; He commands us to do this.  How will this be accomplished?  God will provide, God will complete His work, using people who believe and obey.

Lord, give me the words, actions, and love to show Your Love to all the people I meet.  Amen.

6 comments:

  1. I am your tenth follower from blog hop thursdays!!!
    Please follow me back at http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm following you back. Thanks for hopping over to http://justanotherhat.blogspot.com/. Thanks for the prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post!! I'm a new follower! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back! Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out mingling, following you now! Come by Lucy's when you get a chance...http://closertolucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Lovely blog!!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...