Monday, December 13, 2010

God and Families

Print

As I sit and ponder on my life, I know I am blessed by and through my family.  God has placed each one in my life to love me, and me them.  Psalm 128 helps me to focus on my family.

Psalm 128 (NKJV) 

  1 Blessed is every one who fears the LORD,
         Who walks in His ways.
       
 2 When you eat the labor of your hands,
         You shall be happy, and it shall be well with you.
 3 Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine
         In the very heart of your house,
         Your children like olive plants
         All around your table.
 4 Behold, thus shall the man be blessed
         Who fears the LORD.
       
 5 The LORD bless you out of Zion,
         And may you see the good of Jerusalem
         All the days of your life.
 6 Yes, may you see your children’s children.
       
         Peace be upon Israel! 

Here is what I learn from Psalm 128:

- I am blessed when I fear (revere, obey, follow) God.
- Manual labor is good and fulfilling for me and my children.
- The atmosphere (attitude) of the home reflects my attitude.  (If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy.)
- My children need love, guidance, and training.... just like olive plants.
- Children, and teens too, are a blessing from God.
- Grandchildren are a blessing and a heritage from God.

I love how God puts His Word before me to help me focus on what is important in life!

Ellen

4 comments:

  1. Awesome insight! Thanks so much for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such an inspirational post! Visiting from iFellowship. Happy Wednesday! :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Psalm, and great points for me to ponder too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord and may he bless you for sharing this. Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...