Saturday, December 25, 2010

Advent Reflections 2010

Print

Day 1 – God promised his people that He would send the Messiah, the Anointed One, to save them.  Isaiah 7.14, 9.6-7
Day 2 – God’s timing is always perfect; He knew the perfect time to send JESUS, the Messiah, into the world.  Galatians 4.4
Day 3 – “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners – of whom I, Ellen, am the worst.”  1 Timothy 1.14-16
Day 4 – Remember that Christmas is a time to share our blessings and become generous, honest, cheerful givers.  “…it is more blessed to give than receive.”   Acts 20.35
Day 5 – Jesus has come to live among us.  I am to live each day knowing that Jesus was physically present in my home, always.  Revelation 21.3
Day 6 – As a believer, I am God’s servant.  He can do anything You want with me.  Luke 1.28-30, 47-49, 54-55
Day 7 – Name Him Jesus (Yeshua in Hebrew) which means “the Lord saves.”  Luke 1.31, Matthew 1.20-21, Philippians 2.10-11
Day 8 – Jesus is the One and only Son of God.  Luke 1.31-33, 1 Samuel 7.12-13, 16
Day 9 – The Holy Spirit brings life to our dead, innermost places when we accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.  Luke 1.35, John 6.63
Day 10 – The Holy Spirit helps us recognize Jesus; and when we do, we jump for joy!  Luke 1:41-44
Day 11 – I need to magnify the Lord by having higher, larger, and truer thoughts of God.  This means humbling myself before Him.  Luke 1.46-48 and Psalm 34.3, “Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt His name together.”
Day 12 – Jesus-born of ordinary parents, from an obscure little town, a teacher-not a conquering king – Our Savior.  God uses simple, ordinary things and people to accomplish His work in the world.  Micah 5.2, 4
Day 13 – Just as God sent John the Baptist to prepare the way for Jesus; we, too, need to prepare our hearts to welcome Jesus in a fresh, new way this Advent season.  Isaiah 40.3, Mark 1.4, Luke 1.17
Day 14 – When Joseph and Mary arrived in Bethlehem for the mandatory census, all the rooms were taken.  Jesus, the Son of God, was born in a stable and laid to rest in a manger.  I need to make room in my heart, my thoughts, and my time/schedule for Jesus to enter in.  Luke 2.1-20
Day 15 – After Jesus was born, He was wrapped in strips of cloth – swaddling clothes- the clothing of the humble and lowly.  I need to be clothed in humility daily.  Luke 2.7, Colossians 3.12, 1 Peter 3.3-4
Day 16 – Jesus’ birth brings JOY to all who accepts Him as Lord and Savior.  Luke 2.9-11, 20; John 15.10-11
Day 17 – God’s glory is revealed in the birth and life of Jesus Christ.  Luke 2.9, 2 Corinthians 4.6
Day 18 – God sent not one, but a host of angels, to announce the birth of His son – the Prince of Peace.  Luke 2.13-14
Day 19 – Christ became poor to open the door to God’s riches---- salvation.  Christmas is about giving, not getting.  What are you giving this season?  2 Corinthians 8.9
Day 20 – The shepherds went to Bethlehem to see what the angels told them.  They left the stable believing in Jesus and sharing the good news!  Luke 2.15-17

Day 21 – On Jesus’ birthday we come and give ourselves and our worship to Him with great JOY!  Matthew 2.1-2, 10
Day 22 – Jesus was born to die for my sins.  When the kings came to worship Him, they brought gold (gift for a king), frankincense (grain offering pleasing to God), and myrrh (to be used when He died).  Isaiah 60.3, 6; Matthew 2.11
Day 23 – Jesus saved me from my slavery to sin.  HE is my Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace.  Isaiah 9.6-7
Day 24 – A virgin will conceive from the Holy Ghost so the child she bears will be holy, and will be called the Son of God.  Isaiah 7.14, Matthew 1.18-25, Luke 1.26-38
Day 25 – Jesus is born!  Micah 5.2, Matthew2.1-12, Luke 1-20

0 thoughts shared:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...