Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Homekeeper's Journal ~ July 6, 2010

Print
This week the Homekeeper’s Journal is all about SUMMER………


In my summer kitchen …….. pork bbq with fresh corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes with cucumbers, fresh honey wheat bread, fresh home-made strawberry jam on our toast, grilled chicken, bbq ribs with coleslaw.... this has been a good week!

In my summer yard ………. morning glories snaking up the mailbox, sunflowers just about to bloom, a vegetable garden that is supplying us with zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, and soon watermelon, carrots, and yellow squash!

On my summer reading list ….. I love to read, but I don't have a reading list.

In my summer plans ……. working through school paperwork and a quick vacation trip to Kansas City, MO, for my son's wedding later this month.

On my summer To-Do List ……… 1) get high school homeschool records in order, 2) get curriculum ordered and set-up, 3) work on some simple home repairs, esp 2 new bath fans and strip wallpaper and repaint both bathrooms... mildew issues, 4) spend fun quality time with my kids, and 5) clean out the garage... again!  I'm sure there is more on the to-do list....

2 comments:

  1. We homeschool too , so I relate to that to-do list ! Our last baby is heading into 11th grade ! UGH !
    I enjoyed your post ! This is my favorite meme !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We homeschooled our children who are now grown adults ages 29-40! But, I remember the busy activities of preparing for a new year. Your journal made me smile and think how grateful I am to see homeschooling growing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...