Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Homekeeper's Journal ~ July 20, 2010

Print
This week’s Homekeeper’s Journal is all about Beginnings ……..

Something new I would like to attempt in my kitchen ... cooking one month at a time.  I'm not sure of the name, but you shop/cook/bake all the dinner meals for one month and freeze them.  By doing this, you spend less time daily making dinner and save money.  Click here for more information.  My main problem... I don't have a separate stand alone freezer, and my side-by-side can't handle the amount of food.

When the newness wears off a relationship, you find … out who your true friends are.  Who will truly accept you for who you are, not what they want you to be/do.

The new school year starts around here on ... August 3rd or 10th.  I haven't bought all the curriculum yet, so I don't have the lesson plans ready.  I normally don't work around the public school schedule.  We like to build in time off and vacations while still finishing the bulk of our school by the middle of May.

I need to start … my science lesson plans.  I think these will take the longest to set-up.  I need to restart my Bible study which I let slide over the summer.  This is probably why I haven't been myself most of the summer.

God’s mercies are new every morning so … I need to believe this and start each day with a clean slate.  I'm horrible about carrying over the problems from the previous days.

3 comments:

  1. If you attempt OAMC, keep us posted! I have toyed with the idea....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do cook this way. You don't need as much room as you might think. I put things in ziplocks and lay flat to stack. Defrost and dump in pan... We also do only 2 weeks at a time when we are pressed for time. Maybe that would be the way to start. My oldest daughter does it a little different. She prepares 2 of everything for 2-4 weeks at a time and then always has meals in the freezer ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the thought, Janell. Elisabeth, maybe we could start small 1-2 weeks and get our feet wet without being overwhelmed. I'm still concerned about freezer room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...