Thursday, June 10, 2010

Homekeeper's Journal ~ 14

Print
What’s happening in my home?….

In my kitchen… Tacos for dinner.  I'm trying to eat better and healthier, so I'm having more soup/salads for lunch.  I am also looking forward to being able to eat vegetables directly out of my garden!  The radishes are good, but I'm salivating for the tomatoes!

With our marriage… things are good right now, but as with all marriages, they haven’t always been. There have been some really hard times in the past 17+ years. But we’ve hung on, sometimes it seems like we hung on to tatters, and God has been faithful to us. It was hard to imagine that when things were as tough as they got that we’d make it. But we did.  Our marriage is so much better now because of the peaks and valleys God walked us through.  God is so good!

With the children… we are working on heart attitudes and "needs versus wants."  Even the parents need God's work in these areas.

Around the homestead… We are beginning a new house cleaning schedule.  I hope it goes well; in theory, it looks really good!

In my “Inner Man”…. working on children's disrespectful attitudes.  I know I'm not responding/reacting well and hence, not being a good, Biblical role model.  My prayer is that God will show me the true heart issues/problems with them, not just their outward actions and words.

What is your Inner Man? In 2 Corinthians 4, Paul gives us a clue about what he means when he says “the inner man." In that scripture he says, "Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day." (4:16 NASB). So for Christians even though there is something about us that is getting old, decaying and deteriorating and dying..there is also something about us that is growing, becoming more alive, richer and stronger every day we live and follow Christ. That is what Paul calls our “inner man.”

0 thoughts shared:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...