Monday, June 7, 2010

Homekeeper's Journal ~ 12

Print
What’s happening in my home….

My teens have enjoyed 3 weeks off from school which ended today.  Needless to say, I am not the most popular person at our home!  We continue with math through the summer.  Each of the students are in the middle of their math courses.  We usually do math + one other subject.  I haven't pushed the "plus 1" ---- YET!

In my kitchen… BBQ Pork for sandwiches with cole slaw and homemade fries.

With our marriage… trying to find the time to spend together that does not include kids or chores!

With the children… stir crazy already.  I believe they think I'm here to entertain/chauffeur them, etc.  NOT!

Around the homestead… garden growing well except the broccoli.  Not sure if they will produce the florets or not; husband mowing yard 'cause kids aren't. : (  Trying to find a starting place for all the paperwork, grades, transcripts, etc that I need to catch up on and get ahead on.

In my “Inner Man”…. I am working through a Bible study on John which includes his gospel, 1 and 2 John, and Revelation.


What is your Inner Man? In 2 Corinthians 4, Paul gives us a clue about what he means when he says “the inner man."  In that scripture he says, "Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day."  (4:16 NASB). So for Christians even though there is something about us that is getting old, decaying and deteriorating and dying..there is also something about us that is growing, becoming more alive, richer and stronger every day we live and follow Christ. That is what Paul calls our “inner man.”

0 thoughts shared:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...