Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hitting the mid-year slump

Print
I don't believe I am the only home educator who hits the mid-year slump. I am as tired as the students of "school," schedules, and tests.  I am planning on changing the way we "do" school during April and May.  We will still have lessons to complete, but we are going to step back from the textbook approach for history and do more student-directed learning.  I know they will enjoy this, but it will be a stretch for me and my personality!  We will be learning about WWI, WWII, and other wars/conflicts (1900s-now) that involved numerous countries.  We will continue to incorporate literature and composition alongside history.

How do you persevere through this time of the school year?

1 comment:

  1. Usually what has worked to re-ignite my enthusiasm has been reading homeschooling magazines and books. At first I'd have to *force* myself even to be interested enough to read them, though.

    For those modern wars, don't forget videos (from the library) as a good source and a refreshing change from the books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...