Monday, March 19, 2012

The God Box... a book review

Print
Cowboy Father
Available: April 17, 2012
ISBN: 9781608323609

How do you 'give all your problems to God?'  I know I need to leave my problems, worries, anxieties, etc. at the foot of the cross, but what does that look like in real life and how does one accomplish it?

Well, The God Box by Mary Lou Quinlan is a beautiful picture of her mom's faithful walk with God.  She lived the last 20 years of  her life, petitioning and praising God in small notes and gave them to God in her 'God Box.'  "Her requests, penned on scraps of paper, were presented without expectation - the ultmate expression of letting go."

To Watch the Book Trailer: Click Here

After her mother passed away, Mary Lou found her mother's God Boxes.  As the family read through these heartfelt prayers and praised, they realized that no concern was ever too small for God.  Not only did these notes show the love of a mother, but of a friend for the lost and hurting.

Do you have a God Box?
Click Here 


Thanks to Mary Lou for sharing her mother's journey with me.  I am going to start my first God Box and can't wait to see how God works in and through me.

Thank you to Greenleaf Book Group and NetGalley.com for my complimentary copy of The God Box for my review.

Blessings,

     Ellen

3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting- thanks.

    Stopping by from Tuesday Friend and Follow to say hello.
    Have a great day!
    POSH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so good. I have journals and I was just thinking the other day that my daughters would be there HOURS reading my journals after I have gone to be with the Lord. Thanks for sharing this. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea - its almost refreshing to find new ways to express our thoughts, especially with our Lord. I'm your newest follower from the Hop Along Friday hop. Have a blessed weekend,

    Jeanette
    http://jeanette-myownfourcorners.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...