Sunday, February 19, 2012

1 Peter 3.8-12 Bible Study

Print

This week we studied what a healthy community of believers should look like.  I don't know about you, but it almost seems too hard to do this side of heaven... or is it?

What words describes a healthy church?
harmonious
sympathy
love
humility

How do the members act?
devoted to and honors others
accept others for who they are
serve each other in love
humble
gentle
patient
encouraging

God has given us simple directions to obtain peace in our churches and families. 

Psalm 34.12-16 states:

"Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days
keep your tongue from evil
and your lips from speaking lies.
Turn from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous
and His ears are attentive to their cry;
the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Pursue Peace!

If you are following along in 1 Peter, what is God showing you?

Blessings,

     Ellen

3 comments:

  1. How great it would be if all churches followed these examples.
    Thank you for sharing on Spiritual Sundays.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those verses cut to the heart of it. My mouth is a constant struggle for me. It can do great damage in living in harmony with others and in having healthy relationships. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts! I love the psalm you shared.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...