Saturday, January 28, 2012

1 Peter 2.4-10 Bible Study

Print

This week was a definite stretch in completing week/lesson 3 - between a crazy life with home schooling, part-time work schedules, headaches/migraine, and having to cook dinner (really!).  Even so, God met me where I am... living in organized chaos and questioning to whom I belong.

1 Peter 2.9 focused me on my identity in Christ:

I am part of a chosen people.
I am part of a royal priesthood.
I am part of a holy nation.
I belong to God.

Pretty simple... straightforward.  Now, if only I believed (and felt this) on a daily basis.  Sue Edwards has challenged us to to find out why we resist these simple truths and to overcome our unhealthy thinking that hinders our spiritual growth.

If you are following along in 1 Peter, what is God revealing to you?  How are you applying His word to your life?

I am completing a complimentary copy of 1 Peter: Finding Encouragement in Troubling Times for my weekly review.

8 comments:

  1. HI,
    I am a new GFC follower. I found you on a blog hop. I would love it if you would follow me back please. Thank you.
    http://www.chunkyandmonkeymd.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer. This passage from 2 Peter was something I highlighted last week. It makes me feel special. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Identity in Christ. Sometimes in the busyness of life I forget who I am because of God's love and Christ's sacrifice -- chosen, royalty, God's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is hard in this world....to consider we are chosen to be part of a Heavenly Kingdom!!! Yes...choosing to believe and know this daily...I just returned from my morning walk...my prayer walk. I can tell the difference in days when I don't talk to him and instead...I complain...today, I just said thanks...I did not focus on the ways I think things may not be the way I want them...instead...found a blessing with each step....my thoughts...giving back to him, the glory he deserves! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know! I'm in a study right now on Revelation. This belonging and living with him goes on forever. Here and now is just a tiny sliver of time in the whole picture of eternity. So glad to know this is my identity and no matter what happens at the end of this present age, I will be with him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So important to remember who we are. Thank you for sharing this encouraging post.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is important to remember who we are. I'm not sure why we forget those truths, but I forget too. I needed the reminder today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this encouragement and reminder to meet God where I am, not waiting for perfect timing! :0) (visiting from Moms Mustard Seeds)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...