Thursday, December 8, 2011

Share with those in need. Luke 3

Print
Luke with MomsToolbox

As we slowly move through this Advent season, I am seeing way too many advertisements telling me I need more ____________ (fill in the blank).  This isn't the true reason to celebrate Christmas.  How are you handling the materialistic-side of the holidays?

God is showing me I need to let go of my stuff, and SHARE with those in need!

Scripture:
Luke 3.10-11   "And the crowds were questioning him (John the Baptist), saying 'Then what shall we do?' And he would answer and say to them, 'The man who has two tunics is to share with him who has none; and he who has food is to do likewise.'"

Observation:
Even before Jesus began his teaching, John the Baptist was reminding the people what it meant to live out their faith.  SHARE with those less fortunate!  This wasn't followed by.... "if you feel like it."  This is one of those simple commands we are to follow... not question.

Application:
This seems so simple, but I continually find myself tighlty holding onto my "stuff."  I think this goes back to my unbelief.  Do I truly believe God will supply all I need - not want - while I'm living my life day-by-day?

Prayer:
Dear Lord --- please forgive my unbelief that You can, and will, supply all my earthly needs.  Help me to rely more on You than on what I can see.  Help me to see and help those around me with less, so I may receive your blessings.  Thank you for always keeping your promises to me... even when I don't always hold up my end.  Amen

Blessings,

     Ellen

1 comment:

  1. I found you on a blog hop - your newest follower! Check out my site here: www.utahcountymom.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...