Friday, December 16, 2011

Ask, Seek, Knock. Luke 11

Print

Scripture:
Luke 11.9-10   "So I (Jesus) say to you; Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

Observation:
Jesus is telling us what we need to do: ask, seek, and knock on heaven's door.

Application:
I've always had questions about these verses.  I know God doesn't say yes to all our requests; our requests must line-up with the Word of God.  I will receive what I ask for when it is in accordance with God's will.  I will know what is in His will when I seek and know Him more.  So, as I seek to know God better, I will ask for things that line-up with His will and word.

Prayer:
Dear Father.... help me to understand Your Word better so I may know You better.  Amen

Blessings,
     Ellen

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I found you VIA chubby cheek's Blog Hop
    Hope you can check out my blog
    @ http://krystylco.blogspot.com/
    I'm fairly new and would LOVE a new
    follower
    We're also hosting a weekend BlogHop !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...