Saturday, April 2, 2011

Scripture Sunday

Print

Holiness

As each day brings us closer to Easter, I am focusing on becoming holy as Jesus is holy.  I know I will  never achieve perfect holiness this side of heaven, but each step I take brings me closer to my Lord and Savior.


"Offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship.  Do not conform any longer to the the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will."

~ Romans 12.1-2

"Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to by holy; without hiliness no one will see the Lord."

~ Hebrews 12.14

Dear Father,

Draw me closer to You not only during this season of Lent, but all the time.  Make it my desire to know You better and follow You more closely.

Amen



    

5 comments:

  1. you know what my favorite part is...do not conform! For all the many reasons we flesh conform God shares with us to transform...don't follow what others are doing...follow me.
    thanks so much for sharing today Ellen:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have to remember, God hates what the world loves and the world loves what God hates...that makes me really pay attention to not conforming to the world....and that can be a challenge...until true transformation begins...then, it gets easier!
    Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so thankful that God is patient with us as we walk this process of becoming holy as He is holy! and that He loves us so much to allow us to be like Him. wonderful post! visiting from ifellowship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful goal. Thank you for sharing with us on Spiritual Sundays.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I love the verse from Romans 12. My problem is that, as a living sacrifice, I keep crawling off the altar. Staying surrendered to Him is something I work on daily.

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...