Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Conversation with God - a book review

Print
A Conversation with God

If you could ask God any question, what would it be?  Who would you like to answer the question - God, Jesus, other Biblical characters?  Some of the questions included are:

God, are we really living in the end times?
How can we believe that You created us?
If You love us, why do we suffer?
Can I lose my salvation?
What is Heaven like?
Why is there disease?
Why are some people rich and others poor?

In A Conversation with God, Alton Gansky gives us a forum to have our questions answered in an intimate setting as with God.  Each answer is drawn from the Bible and scripture references are provided for some of the answers.  Unfortunately, you have to flip to the back of the book to get the references.  I would rather have the references in the reading section to make them more accessible.

Overall, the information presented seemed solid, Biblically.  I had trouble wrapping my mind around the responses written in first-person point of view.  I believe that God speaking should be in quotes.  This is just a personal choice.

My rating: 3 out of 5 stars.

BookSneeze® has provided me a complimentary copy of this book for review.



    

2 comments:

  1. Very good review...I like to hear the negative too. Cool blog too and interesting.
    I would love a follow back. Happy blog hop !
    Frenchy
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from the Monday blog hop, I review books for Booksneeze also. Hope you will drop by my blog at kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com when you get a chance. Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...