Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

Print


In my life this week...
... This can be a loaded question!  We enjoyed our homeschool bowling league on Monday, Boy Scouts on Tuesday, youth group on Wednesday a family fun dinner at our local pizzeria, 2 boys got haircuts (can you say AMEN!), and planted 2/3 of my spring garden on Thursday.

 In our homeschool this week...
... US History is going well!  The teens are learning about the events which occurred during 1880-1889 under Presidents Arthur and Cleveland
... My 9th grader is almost done with his World Geography program.  Since he finished early, he will be working on Georgia State History to complete this school year.
... My parents bought an ACT/SAT Prep Course through HSLDA for my 11th graders, but we haven't had time to begin.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
... The teens are going to a Biblical Worldview Conference on Friday.  This is being led by students from Bryan Christian College and their worldview initiative team.  Should be a wonderful learning experience!

My favorite thing this week was...
  ... getting my spring garden planted.  I'm trying something new and added strawberries to the raised-bed garden.

What's working not working for us...
... Vocabulary from Classical Roots.  For some reason, my 9th and 10th grader are having such a hard time with the tests which come with the program.  I'm not sure the best way to deal with this.  I'm not completely sure they are really learning the words, since I'm not seeing it in their written work.  : (

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
... when is enough, enough?  I know we are doing more than enough, so why do I feel the need to add "more"?  ** Sigh**

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...





    

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, still only dreaming of spring here in the Pacific NorthWest! :)


    Visiting from The Homeschool Mother's Journal.
    http://bugs2butterflies.blogspot.com/2011/03/homeschool-mothers-journal_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked that same question and I'm not even yet in the high school years! This autumn... I'll be more confused, I'm sure. ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...